Become an Angel!
In order to be considered for a position as one of our Nanny Angels you must meet the following criteria:
- One year of experience working with children as a nanny
- Legal residency status
- Physically and mentally fit to provide unsupervised care for children
- Strong communication skills
- Grade 12 or equivalent
There are 4 steps in our application process:
- Call or email us to begin the registration process
- Attend a personal interview with the Nanny Angel Network coordinator
- Obtain a positive reference from your employer
- Obtain a recent police clearance
Once selected by our Coordinator you will be required to:
- Provide references, police clearances, documents supporting education and status in Canada
- Attend our mandatory Nanny Angel Network Training Program
- Provide proof of current CPR/First Aid certification or attend
- Sign a confidentiality and ethics contract
A note about our training
All Angels, regardless of their experience, are required to attend a one day intensive training course designed to prepare you for your assignments. You will learn about breast cancer, its treatment and the recovery process. The psychological and emotional effects of the disease on the family will be covered in depth. Following the training you will feel prepared to answer questions the children may have about their mother’s illness in a sensitive, truthful and age appropriate manner. The training program is designed to compliment your existing nanny skills and allows mothers to feel confident that you have the background information you need to care for their children.
* Any costs associated with being a Nanny Angel will be paid for by the Network. Angel gear, training, transportation and educational supplies will be provided to you free of charge. We are currently looking for Angels in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver and Ottawa.
To become a Nanny Angel contact our National Coordinator email@example.com