Providing Mothers with cancer, a little extra help
Get An Angel
We help moms with cancer get the care they need for their children - free, so they can care for themselves.
Eligibility Criteria to get a Nanny Angel
- Be a mom diagnosed with cancer, currently in treatment or in the early phases of recovery
- Have a child or children under the age of 12
- Live in the Greater Toronto Area
- Do not currently employ a full time nanny
What to expect from Nanny Angels
Nanny Angels provide four to eight hours per week of in-home care for children while moms are keeping appointments, getting rest or taking time for themselves.
Nanny Angels are professional child care providers with specialized training working with families in treatment for cancer. The safety of the children is the Angel's primary concern; all Angels have CPR and first aid training. Nanny Angels offer fun, educational, creative and safe experiences for the children in their care. Nanny Angels will arrive at your home with an Angel Activity Bag containing resource materials and an assortment of books, arts and crafts and other tools of the 'nanny' trade.
Nanny Angels provide children with a fun experience and care in the families' homes. We know that things like meal preparation and tidying up the children's rooms and play areas can be a tremendous help. These tasks are within the scope of Nanny Angels' duties if time permits. However, please keep in mind that Nanny Angels don't provide housekeeping.
After each assignment, the Nanny Angel Network (NAN) Program Manager checks in with Angel Families and the Nanny Angel to ensure the service is working well for you both.
Nanny Angels don't accept any remuneration for their services.
Qualifications of Nanny Angels
All NAN Nanny Angels are rigorously pre-screened and trained, and have the following qualifications at a minimum:
- Selected from hundreds of volunteers as the best among her peers
- At least one year of experience working with children as a nanny
- Successful completion of Nanny Angel Network Training Program
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Stellar references
- Police clearance
- Completion of Grade 12 or above
- Physically and mentally fit to work with children in an unsupervised setting
- Tools and knowledge to provide optimum care to your family
NAN covers all costs associated with providing Angel care, including angel gear, transportation and educational supplies of the Nanny Angels.
Click here to apply to get a Nanny Angel or call 416-730-0025.